It's important to have accurate pricing when listing your home. When a home is priced accurately, you can expect:
- more showings
- more offers
- quicker sale
Properties priced TOO HIGH have a difficult time selling. The result of overpricing your home tends to be:
- longer time on the market, and initial marketing momentum is lost
- price reductions required to generate showings
- lowball offers, if any
- the property may eventually sell BELOW market value
When a home is on the market for a long time, a buyer will often think that there is "something wrong" with the property. It's always better to price it CORRECTLY in the beginning.
How do we determine the CURRENT MARKET VALUE of your property?
Finding the value of your home isn't something that a computer system can do. Every property is unique, and requires careful consideration with regards to how the subject property compares to other homes in THREE different categories:
- HOMES THAT HAVE SOLD IN THE RECENT PAST: This shows us what Buyers in this market have actually PAID for homes similar to yours. This is the MOST important thing to conisder.
- HOMES THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET: These are properties that will be competing with yours for the attention of available buyers.
- HOMES THAT FAILED TO SELL: Understanding WHY these properties did not sell can help avoid disappointment in the marekting of your property.